Berkshire Container and Self Storage Service Areas
From West Berkshire including Newbury, Thatcham, Hungerford and Lambourn our service areas include Reading, Slough, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Wokingham, Windsor, Sandhurst, Crowthorne and Twyford.
Self Storage Packing Tips
Here’s 10 Top Tips
- The use of sturdy boxes, portable wardrobes, newspaper, masking / heavy duty tape, bubblewrap, blankets and covers will protect your goods whilst in storage. Check out our packing products.
- Ensure that you fill boxes to their capacity as partially packed or overpacked boxes may tip or even collapse.
- Remember to label your boxes room by room which will ensure the arduous task of unpacking is a little easier, in addition, should you need to find something in storage you will easily know which box to start looking for.
- Don’t forget to clearly write in large letters ‘THIS WAY UP’ and ‘FRAGILE’ on boxes containing glass and breakables.
- Choosing smaller boxes for heavy items like books and plates will make your boxes easier to lift, and larger boxes for lighter items such as curtains, duvets and bed linen.
- Books should be packed flat, not on their spines.
- Avoid using bin bags as they are very prone to ripping and lack ventilation – which can cause mildew to bloom on fabrics.
- Fit more clothes into your space by using a vacuum storage system that actually sucks air out of specially designed bags – available in most DIY and department stores.
- Dismantle items of furniture down into smaller parts as tables and bed frames can usually be disassembled, making them simpler to store where space is at a premium.
- Stack your container or storage unit with the heavy boxes first at the bottom, with the lighter boxes on top.